[free-sklyarov] US law break? (from digest)

D. C. LeFevre dlefevre at iupui.edu
Wed Jul 25 19:48:30 PDT 2001

At 07:36 PM 7/25/2001 -0700, you wrote:
> [...]

When France or some other E.U. country tries this, the U.S. gets angry!  In
those cases, we claim that they are intruding on our jurisdiction and that
laws that should apply depend on where the server is housed.

Of course, in pure American fashion, we forget we made this assertion when
the tables are turned.

BTW, the E.U. no longer takes this stance.  They now believe the French
anti-Nazi Yahoo ruling was incorrect.

-- davey

**Free Dmitry Sklyarov!!  Don't know the story? Ask, I'll send you the info.**

D. C. LeFevre
Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
School of Informatics
New Media Program
http://newmedia.iupui.edu
http://informatics.iupui.edu