[free-sklyarov] Disks

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Thu Jul 26 03:39:00 PDT 2001

> NO!  You can't win a legal battle by hiding very obvious facts.  There
> were at least 3 FBI agents that I am aware of sitting in the room
> watching.  Do you think that they don't know that he had these discs?

> What we have to do is figure out how to downplay it so that the
> insignificance of it is obvious.  Like I said before, he only had
> about 15 discs and they were crippled demos.

25 pages of an entire book, for the purpose of academic presentation?
I believe that comes under the '10% for Fair Use' provisions of
the international Copyright treaties.

Note: the ten percent figure is coming from my memory of the signs
above library photocopiers, in Australia. Have whoever's doing legal
stuff here get the exact USA figures - but it sounds like a clear
case of Fair Use to me. The only problem is which law overrides -
international Copyright treaties & the laws that support those, or
the DCMA.

Jenn V.

jenn at simegen.com     Jenn Vesperman     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/