[free-sklyarov] broaden the movement

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Thu Jul 26 07:31:33 PDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 01:59:15PM +0200, Tom wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 07:13:25PM -0400, Xcott Craver wrote:
> > 	"Copy control" is an incomplete and inaccurate term, because
> > 	copying is just one aspect controlled by DRM systems.
> > 	A much better and effective term would be "usage control."

> both are somewhat awkward and not entirely correct.
>
> may I suggest a simple "restricted" ?
> (or possibly a synonym with an even more negative feel)

I've always liked "copy restricted" over "copy protected", but Xcott
makes a good point.  Time to switch over to "usage restricted" (or
"restricted use"?) instead.

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox