[free-sklyarov] freedmitry.{com,net,org} / freesklyarov.{com,net}

Alex Fabrikant alexf at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Jul 26 20:15:09 PDT 2001

Hi,

After some discussion, a few of us have decided to ask you if it would be
possible to point the domain names mentioned in the subject line to the
current freesklyarov.org site. Our reasoning is as follows:

While the format you have chosen on onethumb.com is excellent for
announcements and discussion, slashdot style (natural use of the Slash
interface of course, too =>), it would be best for our movement at large
to have the "main" domain names point to a "portal" type site rather than
a "discussion" type site, and freesklyarov.org, over the course of the
past few days, has indeed become such a site. Rest assured that there will
remain a VERY prominent link from freesklyarov.org's main page to the
actual onethumb.com url of your Slash-driven free-sklyarov section,
maximally visible in the "related sites" section. However, since we would
like to forward people unfamiliar to our cause to a site with
"introductory" information and a "first pointer" collection, it seems
better for the domains themselves to point to the portal.

TIA,

--
Alex Fabrikant
alexf at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu