[free-sklyarov] Protest on Sat. morning in San Jose

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jul 27 00:43:23 PDT 2001

begin roylo quotation:
> Thanks, got to tell you that I'm REALLY discouraged at this point.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that, because I strong approve of the
leadership you've been exercising in this matter.

A few of us (Nick Moffitt, Tabinda Khan, Don Marti, Seth David Schoen,
me, and some others you probably don't know yet) have the advantage of
having done organising for Windows Refund Day and other events, for a
long time.  What I was trying to do was give you some suggestions
derived from that experience, so you can avoid making all the errors
that we learned about the hard way.  If I can give you more material and
immediate help, I'd be glad to do that, too (time permitting).

In fact, if I sounded annoyed and dyspeptic, it was mostly because I'd
have very much wanted to come and help, this coming Saturday, but for
the time conflict.

(Also, I just got through having a couple of exchanges with the
leadership of East Bay Linux User Group, who _also_ scheduled a
conflicting event -- their first InstallFest -- right opposite the
CABAL/BALUG/BAFUG/SVBUG one at the Cow Palace.  This despite the fact
that they knew all about my BALE calendar, and therefore should have
known that most of the Bay Area's experienced InstallFest organisers,
who could make the difference for their event, were going to be
otherwise occupied.  And they know they've screwed up some of their
past events because of similar conflicts.  So, I was feeling a little
frustrated on that point.)

By the way, if you _want_ to be known as anything besides "roylo" --
which you needn't if you'd rather not -- you might want to introduce
yourself.  (Your "real name" field in your mailer ends up with that
value, possibly for lack of anything filled into the appropriate blank.)

--
This message falsely claims to have been scanned for viruses with F-Secure
Anti-Virus for Microsoft Exchange and to have been found clean.