[free-sklyarov] freesklyarov.org Clearinghouse and HELP WANTED

Jim Youll jim at media.mit.edu
Fri Jul 27 10:48:39 PDT 2001

Thanks for your suggestions,.

Yes, I (we, though 'we' is a very small number) cannot do a very good job of condensing the ist traffic, though that is a tasks that's key to making the site work, so any FOCUSED info we can get from those who have it (as concise and ready to go as possible) is a huge help.

mailto:calendar at freesklyarov.org -- for calendar announcements -- now exists. at the moment all this gets you is a link at the top with the other cities that are doing events that day.

we are looking for suggestions about an external calendar that would work well enough for scheduling, that we can then just link prominently. We prefer to link to the city's top page, which should have its own upcoming events PROMINENTLY dispalayed near the top, and please, a link back to www.freesklyarov.org

and/or

== HELP WANTED ==
calendar editor for freesklyarov.org
Job description: receive messages from the field and add them to the central calendar. Must possess good organizational skills, HTML and so on, reasonable aesthetic sensibility.
Pay: zilch, zero, nada

Each city really needs a canonical page and someone on the ground in that place to take care of it. This saves ~2 steps in getting things online fast from where they are happening and spreads out the server load to where it's wanted.

some of these things will take time to get right but we're moving as fast as practicable. otoh if he's out before we get them done, all the better.  i hope that one thing that is working right about the site is that it tries to move at a correct pace, not too fast but fast enough.

--

http://www.media.mit.edu/~jim
research assistant . software agents group . e-markets sig

Free Dmitry Sklyarov ... http://freesklyarov.org/