[free-sklyarov] Protest on Monday, another place?

Klepht klepht at eleutheria.org
Fri Jul 27 18:01:16 PDT 2001

    SB> I know the protest on Monday has been plannned for the federal
    SB> building, I just wanted to bring up a second place that also
    SB> might wanted to be visited. I beleive people should also be
    SB> protesting outside of Diane Feinstein office.

    ES> Protesting at Feinstein's offices is always a good idea, just
    ES> on general principle.  The Sklyarov affair is certainly as
    ES> good a reason as any.  ;)

First, I agree that it sounds good to do an event chez DiFi. However,
I'd like to suggest that this be a DIFFERENT event, on a different
day, for the following reasons:

1) To get permits, we had to state an agenda to the police and an
   exact "parade route." If we deviate as a group from this route, it
   invalidates our permit and the cops can close down our event. This
   would be bad.

2) It's probably good to stay focused* on the U S ATTORNEY at this
   point. This office must remain in our sites like a laser hot beam
   of hot laser light rays. We want them to know that WE know that
   they have the ability to drop the case and release Dmitry AT ANY
   TIME. We'd also like to drive this point home with the media.

3) Having a different event on the _same_ day would split us up and
   mean we had smaller numbers. Bad, bad, bad.

So, I'd like to suggest we bank this idea until after Monday.

~Klepht

* "stay focused" appears to be my catchphrase for the day.

klepht at eleutheria.org
http://www.eleutheria.org/