[free-sklyarov] Congress doubling number of DMCA, copyright federal police

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Sat Jul 28 12:54:35 PDT 2001

Declan McCullagh writes:

>    That's exactly what should be happening, according to a Senate
>    committee report. In an apparent reference to the prosecution, it
>    says: "The committee is aware that the FBI has launched an initiative
>    to investigate violations of federal copyright laws protecting certain
>    marketed software applications. The committee supports FBI efforts..."

I'm not sure this refers to this case -- "an initiative to investigate
violations"?  "Applications"?  Are the plurals just a politician's
effort to speak without loss of generality?

This could, for example, refer to the CHIP offices in general, couldn't
it?  Would a particular prosecution be referred to as an "initiative"?

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Its really terrible when FBI arrested
Temp.  http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/ | hacker, who visited USA with peacefull