[free-sklyarov] LOS ANGELES: leafletting update

Mark K. Bilbo mark at blorch.org
Sat Jul 28 21:30:23 PDT 2001

Just to let folks know...

We had a really good leafletting campaign at the Santa Monica promenade. Had
a total of around 1,700 flyers at the start and in only about an hour and a
half were scraping the bottom. AND the folks who stayed on after I left were
running off more. We could easily have hit or passed 2,000 passed out.

Applause to Tabinda whose flyer won "best subversive literature." <g>

Her flyer was a great help down here and was *very eye catching (I had a few
people come up and actually *ask for one down here in "oh god not another
activist group" LA).

Special thanks to David who drove 2 HOURS to get to Santa Monica and brought
1,200 (!) copies of various flyers (lots of Tabinda's). He was a *big part of
things today. I, myself, seriously underestimated both the number of flyers
we'd need and the number of people who'd show up to pass them out.

And, to fearless leader himself, Hackhawk who may not have slept yet because
he's been putting together the website, the mailing list, and got the ball
rolling down here. Only to have his battery die on him and he couldn't make
it to see things go so well.

A good 20 (or so?) people showed up. And most stuck around for the second
batch of flyers (I couldn't). I mean, they didn't want to leave. Had a couple
of folks make a flyer run so they could keep on going.

And in the "suprise guest star" category, Kevin Mitnick showed up to
interview for the radio show he's doing for KFI 640.

(I thought I somebody was putting me on when I asked who the guy was with the
tape recorder)

All in all, it went well. And we're looking forward to a good rally Monday.

Mark