[free-sklyarov] Re: [DMITRY-PLAN] Monday in Moscow (& Internet)

Ilya V. Vasilyev ath at limm.mgimo.ru
Sun Jul 29 22:16:40 PDT 2001

Hi, All & Seth David Schoen!

> I know that there was no suggestion that the e-protest will include
> illegal activities, but I wanted to re-iterate that for anybody who
> didn't see your original announcement.

I specifically mention, that all participants of e-protest
must NOT use nukers, exploits and other Internet weapons,
especially at the time of the protest.

Our aim isn't to harm Adobe & FBI.  Our aim is quite different --
to show, that Dmitry case isn't his own case, but the case
of freedom of us all.  It touches freedom of creative people,
who created cyberspace and Internet, and open and improve
this cyberworld to everyone, includeing Adobe & FBI themselves.
Who can make legal and organized actions in Internet
to show their good will and strong tech background.

Our task is to pass this message to Adobe -- "clean your
own mess".  If your actions put Dmitry into jail, pay his
bail to get him out of the jail.  Our task is to pass "FREE DMITRY"
message to everyone, who can help him.

We would like someone from FSF or EFF to read short
online anti-DMCA speech, explaining why DMCA is
the threat for the whole Internet.

> e-protest in general is a reasonable idea, and I wish you luck.  It's
> quite helpful to have people continuing to get the word out.

Thank you for your words, David.  We already tested
e-protest technology yesterday with 3 Moscow activists,
and everyone was just in delight.

We have a vision, that protest of XXI century will be
in Internet.  Progressive journalists, that have the same vision,
can take interview with participants of the First e-protest.
E-protest for Dmitry, against DMCA and agressive
corporations.

- - -
Ilya V. Vasilyev
Civil Hackers' School