[free-sklyarov] Minnesota

nobody moseng2 at underwhelm.org
Mon Jul 30 18:13:33 PDT 2001

Briefly:

Minnesota protest was a success. We had, as counted by our youngest
member, 33 people up, down and around the federal courthouse. The
attendees came from Wisconsin (150 mi), Duluth (200 mi), St. Cloud and
Shakopee. We distributed hundreds of fliers and caught the attention of
thousands riding buses out of the city. Pictures soon.

Foot traffic was low, but our signs were more than legible from the
street. More people have seen the letters DMCA in the twin cities today
than they ever have before.

We have tentatively agreed to reconvene in protest on two weeks from
today, August 13. We agree that a week off will help with the media
coverage and ensure higher turnout. The next event will probably be at a
library and will have a pro-library theme.

Free Dmitry.
Repeal the DMCA.