[free-sklyarov] Chicago Protest Report

Alphageek alphageek at mediaone.net
Mon Jul 30 19:27:07 PDT 2001

Peter A. Peterson II says:

]> Quoting Alphageek:
]> > Be aware that the American Bar Association Convention will be in
]> > Chicago, starting Thursday.  Things don't really pick up until the
]>
]> I sent this on to the sklyarov-chicago list and will be discussing with
]> them some leafletting and sign-waving strategies for the weekend.
]>

Please, my name is Eric.  "Alphageek" just happens to be an extra account
that I use for managing several high-volume mailing lists.

Be aware that I generally do not check this address when I am on travel.

If the "Free Sklyarov" protestors are willing to put on neckties (or
comparable apparel for women), you might consider selectively crashing some
of the receptions.  The food is pretty good, and it certainly would liven up
the conversation.

In particular, I trust that Tom Smedinghof of Baker & McKenzie will put on a
good spread for the Science & Technology Section.  And half (or more of) the
lawyers there will actually be disguised crypto geeks who have even read
some of Schneier's books and can tell you what DMCA is.

Not that I'm encouraging uninvited non-lawyers to crash any of the events.
What you do and whether you get arrested doing it is up to you.

Eric C. Grimm
CyberBrief, PLC
320 South Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI  48107-7341