[free-sklyarov] campaign idea

D. C. LeFevre dlefevre at iupui.edu
Tue Jul 31 11:34:58 PDT 2001

Hey folks:

We've been talking on Slashdot today about the fact that mainstream media
seems asleep at the wheel on the Sklyarov story.  Of course, mainstream
media are pro-DMCA and have other agendas that might keep them about
speaking out about this.

I have an idea.  One outlet that might be willing to talk about Sklyarov is
NPR's "Talk of the Nation."  Today, for instance, they are doing an hour
about a controversial child pornography case.  If they are willing to talk
about first amendment cases like that, perhaps they would be willing to
talk about the Sklyarov case if enough people showed interest.

Why don't we start a campaign and send them some mail?  Their email address
is totn at npr.org.  This might be a good way to get some talk in a big media
outlet.

Please reply directly to me, I am only on the Digest.

Thanks..

-- davey

**Free Dmitry Sklyarov!!  Don't know the story? Ask, I'll send you the info.**

D. C. LeFevre
Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
School of Informatics
New Media Program
http://newmedia.iupui.edu
http://informatics.iupui.edu