[free-sklyarov] campaign idea

mike castleman mlc67 at columbia.edu
Tue Jul 31 13:11:09 PDT 2001

KPFA is steadfastly *not* an NPR affiliate, and is probably offended
that you think they are. They're part of the Pacifica network, which
owns 5 stations around the country (SF, NYC, DC, Houston, and LA). The
history of Pacifica is far too long and offtopic to go into here.

Still, was KPFA at either this week or last week's protest? I didn't
get a chance to listen to their news, although I'm told that WBAI, the
NY affiliate, did a decent story last week. If KPFA hasn't done a
story yet, someone should give their newsroom a call.

mike

// mike castleman, mlc67 at columbia.edu
// current location: berkeley, ca, us
// ph: +1 (646) 382-7220