[free-sklyarov] Re-Russian Copyright Law

Igor Motsnyi igormotsnyi at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 16 05:11:44 PST 2001

Eric,

Unfortunately, I do not know where you can find the text of Russian
copyright legislation in English. The text of all Russian law in IP are
available at www.ipmenu.com
However, the documents there are available only in Russian.

I will try to find out whether there are any other web sites containitng the
information you are interested in.
In any case, the employment contract is reflected not only in Russian
Copyright law but also in Russian software law (Art. 12 of Russian software
law states that "all economic rights on the computer programs made in the
course of employment belong to the employeer unless the contract stipulates
the opposite"). Only and ONLY if the contract between the employeer and the
employee stipulates the opposite the employee may have economic rights but
that does not happen normally.

Igor.