[free-sklyarov] Fwd: Text of SSSCA, Anti-SSSCA petition asks Congress not to pass draft bill

Michael Scottaline nbhs2 at i-2000.com
Sun Sep 9 05:16:30 PDT 2001

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001 20:46:14 -0700
"Karsten M. Self" <kmself at ix.netcom.com> insightfully noted:

KS> Declan McCullaugh has alerted his readers to a draft bill sponsored by
KS> Fritz Hollings (D, NC) and Richard Stevens (R, AK), which would
KS> greatly
KS> extend the scope of the current DMCA.  By some appearances, it would
KS> make free software illegal in the US.
KS>
KS> Full text of the draft is now available in HTML form on the Cryptome
KS> website, as well as several mirrors.  A petition drive to oppose the
KS> bill has been started.
=====================
Relevant links:
John Young has put his amazing OCR software to work. He emailed me this
link to the HTML text of the entire bill:
http://cryptome.org/sssca.htm

It's even on the Mojo Nation anonymous publishing network:
http://localhost:4004/id/gWvulP_HqA23QJgxGQdoMZgm_l8/

An anti-SSSCA petition is here:
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/SSSCA/petition.html

Mike

--
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
--Benjamin Franklin