[free-sklyarov] (no subject)

Johnny Crow johnny_aio2 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 13:41:14 PDT 2001

I realize this is off-topic, but it's something that's come up on every
mailing list I'm on, and I felt the need to answer the various people
who've asked for my opinion (and, in fact, all of the people who didn't)
all at once.

First of all, The United states has spent the past 56 years making enemies
of the entire rest of the world, and now it's coming back to haunt them.

Fact: An estimated One MILLION Iraq citizens have died since Desert Storm
as a result of health problems and sanctions placed upon that country by
the United States. Gulf War Syndrome, Depleted Uranium shells left in the
ground, and poverty in the streets have led to approximately 8,333 deaths
every single month since that war. Many, if not most of them, children.
Can anyone blame the Arabs for viewing the united states as pure evil for
inflicting this upon them?

Fact: Bin Laden, the fellow popularly blamed for the attack on NYC and
Washington was trained by the CIA in terrorist tactics. Don't believe me?
Check this out: http://msnbc.com/news/190144.asp?cp1=1 . The United States
has for decades now supported international terrorism in the name of
supporting their political agendas worldwide. The examples are too numerous
to name, but include Brazil, Cuba, Afghanistan... in short, the US is
willing to train and pay terrible people to commit terrible crimes in order
to force their agenda upon the world.

Fact: The US, for all that they have no target to attack; no clear
culprit-nation to launch an attack against, is asking for financial aid
from the world to supplement the $300 billion they already spend EVERY YEAR
on their military budget (13 times what their next closest competitor
annually spends). One might ask one''s self what they need all that cash
for; their military force is already demonstratively so far in advance of
any opposition they might face. Of course, George Bush wants this to be a
ground war, so perhaps the US's technology and military readiness doesn't
matter.

Fact: That footage which aired of Palestinian children celebrating in the
streets which was aired time and time and time again was actually filmed
TEN YEARS EARLIER. CNN whipped it out because they felt it would be an
effective means to help whip the US citizenry into a frenzy. Your own media
is willing to lie to you in order to elicit the reactions they want from
you. Beware.

In the end, it seems to me that there are a lot of lessons to be learned
from this terrible tragedy. First among them is that the USA cannot
continue to bully the world without fear of repercussions forever. The
millions upon millions of civilians which the US has killed over the years
were joined this week in death by a few thousand US citizens. Should the US
decide to continue with their wanton bloodshed, this cycle of violence will
never end. Vengeance begets vengeance begets vengeance.

Yes, it was terrible what happened in the US this week. But that doesn't
justify the Us doing the exact same thing to whatever city their enemies
live in. Not only would bombing another city be just as evil an act on the
part of the US as that which was perpetrated upon them, it will just lead
to yet more violence, and yet more deaths. And nobody will benefit from that.

I urge each of you to read up on some of the pertinent facts at hand here
from some people who are more interested in reporting the truth than in
keeping the sponsors happy:

Michael Moore speaks out about the US's abuses of the rest of the world...
http://www.michaelmoore.com/2001_0912.html

Michael Moran talks about Bin Laden's CIA training...
http://msnbc.com/news/190144.asp?cp1=1

Finally, Counterpunch; who have been reporting all the things the
mainstream media has been refusing to...
http://www.counterpunch.org

And that's what I have to say about that.