[free-sklyarov] Seybold session yesterday

DeBug debug at centras.lt
Thu Sep 27 06:06:10 PDT 2001

>Now can we resolve what is fare,right and non-fare,wrong agreement ?
I think the agreement is fare if noone comes and complains about it
but in this case noone needs the agreement :)
If somebody comes with complains there is no obvious answer.
the same agreement can be resolved in favor of one part in one
case and in favor of the other part in another case.

When i buy a music CD and create additional copies the question is
would the original producer get the money if i did not
create additional copies ? If the money would not be generated
then i think i must be allowed to create the copies.
If the money would be generated then the question is who is to take them ?
And here i think the question must be
how i am going to spend the money i've just saved/generated, will i spend
the money better than original producer would spent ?
Maybe the money should be donated to the 3rd party or paid as a tax ...

The question in fact is about cherishing new possibilities
( was not it the original goal of copyrights ) and
who is to decide what possibilities/businesses should start working
The best thing i can imagine is to allow all other people to decide
before you do decide yourself. In this case there would be noone
to say you that you should not exercize your copyrights, or from the
other side there would be noone to say you that you should not
misuse IP you've just bought.

The whole problem will not be resolved until we have full consensus
--
Best regards,
 DeBug                            mailto:debug at centras.lt