[Seth-Trips] "Infomediaries" BayFF, March 19

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Thu Mar 8 23:30:18 PST 2001

Don Marti is dictating my schedule!

   http://www.eff.org/bayff/20010319_bayff_announce.html

   WHO:   Electronic Frontier Foundation, & guest speakers (TBA).
          Music by UKUSA
   WHAT:  "BayFF" Panel Discussion: "Infomediaries: Protectors of Your
        Personal Information Online, or Evolutionary Dead Ends?"
   WHEN:  Monday, Mar. 19, 2001, 7PM PT
   WHERE: Berkeley Center for Law & Technology
          UC-Berkeley Law School (Boalt Hall), Rm. 110
          Berkeley, CA 94720-7200
          (510) 642-8073 or (415) 436-9333 x101

   This event is free and open to the general public. Food and
   beverages will be served.

I've been going to BayFF meetings since the first one.  Some famous
activists like John Gilmore -- and the EFF staff -- are regulars,
which is neat.  (Cypherpunks meetings are much more exciting, but
they're also far away and perhaps a bit forbidding.)

I'm planning to go to this BayFF, perhaps more for the people than the
event.  (Some of them are more exciting than others, as far as the
actual content goes.  The DVD event was _great_.)

Boalt Hall is by the fountain, right across from Strada, or from
Hillel, depending how you think about it.  It's not far from Urban
Outfitters.  Maybe Katy will pose in that fountain as the Gottingen
goose girl sometime soon.

Anyway, everyone is welcome to join me at BayFF.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>  | And do not say, I will study when I