[Seth-Trips] Bay Area Anarchist Book Fair, Saturday, March 24

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Thu Mar 22 11:16:29 PST 2001

http://www.infoshop.org/bookfair.html

   Saturday, March 24, 2001
   10am - 6pm, at the San Francisco County Fair Building in
   Golden Gate Park by Ninth Avenue and Lincoln Way.
   Admission is free.

   Featuring

   Paul Krassner
   Roxanne Dunbar Ortiz
   Elizabeth Martinewz
   Jaimes Guerrero
   Ruthie Gilmore
   Michelle Tea
   Chris Crass
   Cindy Milstein

   [...]

   Approximately 60 anarchist groups and alternative book, magazine, and
   publishing people will be represented at tables selling and
   distributing materials and examples of their work. the plans for this
   event also include a cafe and bar, spoken word, and gallery.

Anirvan has invited me to this event.  As subscribers will know, I've
been sick this week; I'm still feeling a little funny, but I should
probably be OK before the book fair.

As you might guess, this is pretty much all left-anarchist (social
anarchist) and there is not likely to be a big individualist or
right-libertarian presence.  I do think that "alternative" is a big
tent and there will be a variety of political philosophies represented;
you can probably find books there you don't see every day.

My want list (very out of day) is still replete with classics from the
social and individualist anarchist traditions, so I might be able to
track down some of that material at the fair.

The County Fair Building is not far from Ninth and Irving, where I
already want to take a trip; I don't think that it would be good to
combine them.  So if anyone else comes along, I can show you where
Ninth and Irving is (hint: it's at the corner of Ninth and Irving), so
you'll be able to find your way there in the future.

I don't know who _any_ of those speakers are. :-(

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>  | And do not say, I will study when I