[Seth-Trips] EFF Housewarming Party, July 10

Zack Brown zbrown at tumblerings.org
Tue May 15 12:18:58 PDT 2001

On Tue, 15 May 2001, Seth David Schoen wrote:

> The EFF has moved to a new office at 454 Shotwell Street, which is
> just down the block from my new apartment.
>
> They're going to have a housewarming party on Tuesday, July 10.
> Assuming I have a new job by then, I might try to have a housewarming
> party of my own later that week.
>
> I'll plan to go to the EFF housewarming, and I'll send an announcement
> to this list when the details come out.

There are many reasons to consider July 10th a special day. It is the
national day of independence in the Bahamas. John Calvin emerged from his
mother in 1509, only to discover, 404 years later in 1913, that Death Valley
would reach 134 degrees. Depending on your calendar, July 10th also marks
the day the Romans breached the wall of Jerusalem, recognized even now as
the Fast of Shiv'a Asar B'Tammuz. And of course, who could forget that
fateful day in 1997, when the University of Washington State added several
issues of the "Lifetime Data Analysis" periodical to their Engineering
library?

I'm glad the EFF will be joining these notable events in contributing to the
importance and significance of July 10ths everywhere.

Be well,
Zack