[Seth-Trips] DEA head Asa Hutchinson, San Francisco, tonight

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Tue Feb 12 14:37:08 PST 2002

The Bush administration's anti-drug official, Asa Hutchinson, is
speaking at the Commonwealth Club in San Francisco this evening.
(Hutchinson, formerly a U.S. Representative, is the Administrator of
the Drug Enforcement Administration.)

http://www.dea.gov/agency/administrator.htm

Some people call Hutchinson the "drug czar", although other people
use that term for John Walters, the Director of ONDCP:

http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/about/director.html

The DEA carried out some raids this morning, and there is going to be
huge picket of Hutchinson's talk as a result.  (I'm going to be at
BayFF and won't be able to attend.)

If you go to this instead of BayFF, be careful; Federal law
enforcement may anticipate a tense situation.

----- Forwarded message from Marc Perkel <marc at perkel.com> -----
----- Forwarded message from Da Mystik Homeboy <ampere at swcp.com> -----

----- End forwarded message -----
----- End forwarded message -----