[Seth-Trips] Suggestions for visitors?

Duncan MacKinnon duncan at randometry.org
Wed Jan 16 09:28:22 PST 2002

begin  Sam Phillips quotation:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 09:51:17PM -0800, Seth David Schoen wrote:
> > My mom and my sister are coming to town in mid-February.  My mom used
> > to live in San Francisco, but my sister is new to the area.  What
> > should I take them to see?  (They'll be here for about a week.)
> >

> As a tourista most of the time in SF I would recommend the Exploratorium
> and MOMA.  I would also second Nick's reccomendation of stairside walks.
>
> --
> Sam Phillips <sam at dasbistro.com>                http://www.dasbistro.com
> Reno                                                              Nevada

I think ferry boat rides are a cheap alternative to a boat tour.
Larkspur is a good one and used to be much cheaper than the Sausalito
ferry which winds you up in the biggest tourist trap in the bay area.

The best thing in Sausalito is the Bay Model which is great for
eliciting what things they might then like to see. Just walking around
the house boat area is fun too.

Your mom probably has been to the site of the old baths near the Cliff
House. This is fun day or night. Even when it is really foggy this is a
fun outing but dress warmly.

Golden gate park has the wonderful green house, arboretum.

Best,
Duncan