[Seth-Trips] BAWUG meeting, Santa Clara, Thursday [schear@cryptorights.org: [Discuss-gnuradio] Anyone going to BAWUG tomorrow?]

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Wed Mar 20 18:26:15 PST 2002

I'm not sure if I can go.  Note that there are three talks, not just
one.

----- Forwarded message from Steve Schear <schear at cryptorights.org> -----

To: discuss-gnuradio at gnu.org
From: Steve Schear <schear at cryptorights.org>
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Anyone going to BAWUG tomorrow?
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:13:13 -0800

Vincent Coli (vince AT aetherwire DOT com)
UltraWideBand technologies from ?ther Wire & Location, Inc.

Ikeda Nobuo (ikeda-nobu AT rieti DOT go DOT jp)
Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry The Spectrum as Commons

Bill Arbaugh (waa AT cs DOT umd DOT edu) and
Arunesh Mishra (arunesh AT cs DOT umd DOT edu)

An Initial Security Analysis of the IEEE 802.1X Standard
The IEEE 802.11 standard is now known to lack any robust security
mechanism. A proposed long term security architecture for 802.11 is the
Enhanced Security Network (ESN) which uses the recent IEEE 802.1X standard
as a basis for access control, authentication, and key management. In this
talk, we will present several security problems (session hijacking, and the
establishment of a man-in-the-middle) we identified in the state machines
of the protocol as well as a severe implementation flaw in a popular
implementation. We will also present solutions and mitigation strategies to
the problems we've identified.

http://lists.bawug.org/pipermail/wireless/2002-March/005840.html

steve

----- End forwarded message -----