[Seth-Trips] Bookbinding competition, tonight [nick@zork.net: [architeuthis@laughingsquid.org: SQUID [05/31] Bind-Off]]

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Fri May 31 14:05:03 PDT 2002

----- Forwarded message from Nick Moffitt <nick at zork.net> -----

Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 13:49:44 -0700
From: Nick Moffitt <nick at zork.net>
To: Seth David Schoen <schoen at zork.net>
Subject: [architeuthis at laughingsquid.org: SQUID [05/31] Bind-Off]

I wish I were in the city tonight to attend this!

----- Forwarded message from Laughing Squid <architeuthis at laughingsquid.org> -----

----> The Squid List <--------------------------------------------------

Bind-Off

Friday, May 31

7:00pm-9:00pm

Free

----> Event Description <-----------------------------------------------

The Second Annual Bind-Off between competing teams from Pacific Center for
Book Arts and the Hand Bookbinders of California is a don't-miss event! Two-
member teams will compete using identical bookbinding kits and a single
secret weapon. Last year's bookbinding kits included duct tape, feathers,
plywood, a turkey roasting pan and a string of plastic fruit! The winning
team will take home the coveted Golden Bibliophile Trophy. Spectators are
welcome at this wild and wacky free event, and in addition to cheering on
(or heckling) competitors, will be treated to a performance of the Bindery
Songbirds and other unusual entertainments.

----> Venue Info <------------------------------------------------------

San Francisco Center for the Book
300 DeHaro Street (enter on 16th)
San Francisco
415-565-0545
http://www.sfcb.org

----> Additional Info <-------------------------------------------------

kara at sfbookarts.com
http://www.sfbookarts.com

----> The Squid List Admin <--------------------------------------------

The Squid List, a tentacle of Laughing Squid
http://www.laughingsquid.org/squidlist/

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your preferences:

Frequently Asked Questions & Submission Guidelines
Squid List FAQ: http://www.laughingsquid.org/squidlist/faq.html

Online list archives (you need to be subscribed to access):
http://lists.laughingsquid.org/mailman/private/squidlist/

----> Laughing Squid <--------------------------------------------------

Laughing Squid
http://www.laughingsquid.org
underground art and culture from San Francisco and beyond

The Tentacle Sessions
http://sessions.laughingsquid.org
a monthly living artists series

Laughing Squid Web Hosting
http://www.laughingsquid.net
web hosting for artists, individuals, non-profits and small organizations

----> Affiliations <----------------------------------------------------

The Odeon Bar
http://www.odeonbar.com
our little clubhouse in The Mission

Spanganga
http://www.spanganga.org
home to The Tentacle Sessions

QBOX
http://qbox.org
mechanical, kinetic and electronic art

Copyright (c) 2002 Laughing Squid. All rights reserved.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
INFORMATION GLADLY GIVEN BUT SAFETY REQUIRES AVOIDING UNNECESSARY CONVERSATION
end

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Reading is a right, not a feature!