[Seth-Trips] I'd like to go to this event tonight in SF

Sunah Caroline Cherwin slippery at pobox.com
Mon Jan 20 16:32:30 PST 2003

Does anyone want to come along? I'm going to write right now to reserve for me.

I'm taking public transit.

WHAT: Porch Light, a storytelling series. This month's theme:
"Kitchen Confidential."
WHERE: Café du Nord, 2170 Market St.
WHEN: Monday, Jan. 20, 7 p.m.
TICKETS: $8. Reservations suggested: email <aklatte (at) sbcglobal.net>

Who peed in the pickle jar? Who rose from busboy to cocaine-addled
star chef? And who was getting busy in the walk-in refrigerator
while the hollandaise was curdling? We almost don't want to know,
but if you're hungry for answers, drop in on the next Porch Light.

Our evening of "Kitchen Confidential" tales come from a talented
array of local personalities including rogue cop prosecutor Jean
Field, chef/owner Living Room Events Douglas Monsalud, cinematographer
Steve Muller, co-founder of spoken word circus Sister Spit Sini
Anderson, author of The Rough Guide to San Francisco Restaurants
Elgy Gillespie, plus a surprise guest.

Our musical guest will be Marc Capelle, a talented pianist who
has played with Mark Eitzel, Virgil Shaw and the Oakland gospel
group the Corinthians.

Porch Light brings together an eclectic mix of storytellers for
evenings of entertainment and inspiration. Each storyteller tells
a ten-minute tale about a specific theme, without using notes
or memorization.

Past storytellers include Supervisor Matt Gonzalez; bank robber/writer
Joe Loya; musician Eric Shea; cab driver Lee Vilensky and writer
Kate Moses.