[Seth-Trips] LNX-BBC release party, May 17

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Tue May 6 09:51:33 PDT 2003

LNX-BBC 2.1 has been released and shipped to the duplicators!

http://www.lnx-bbc.org/images/bbc-2.1.iso.torrent

So I'm going to have a party at my place -- 1022A Shotwell Street in
San Francisco (at 24th Street, near the 24th Street/Mission Station)
-- to celebrate this happy event.  It'll be Saturday, May 17, at 7:00p.

As an extra happy occasion, EFF and co-counsel won a summary judgment on
behalf of Streamcast Networks (publishers of the Morpheus file-sharing
software), upholding the Betamax principle.

   Grokster and Streamcast are not significantly different from companies
   that sell home video recorders or copy machines, both of which can be
   and are used to infringe copyrights.

http://www.eff.org/IP/P2P/MGM_v_Grokster/030425_order_on_motions.pdf

So there's lots to come celebrate -- please join us.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Very frankly, I am opposed to people
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | being programmed by others.