[Seth-Trips] Total lunar eclipse tonight (Thursday)

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Thu May 15 13:52:57 PDT 2003

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/extra/TLE2003May15.html

(thanks to Boing Boing)

The eclipse will already be in progress at moonrise in California, but
the moon should be up before the end of the total phase of the
eclipse.

It looks like observers in California should start watching by 8:00p
and keep watching for about an hour (or as long as they prefer).
Observers on the East Coast will want to start watching by 11:00p (and
preferably as early as 10:00p).  The East Coasters will get the better
view because the moon will already be up.

I might go up to Bernal Hill to watch the eclipse -- I don't think I'm
going to make it to the Dar Williams concert.  Concerts scheduled
indoors during eclipses are unfortunate indeed (but maybe Dar will
perform "Calling the Moon"!).

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Very frankly, I am opposed to people
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | being programmed by others.