[Seth-Trips] [riana@whitties.org: Ig Nobel Ceremony, Cambridge, MA, 9/30 (fwd)]

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Wed Aug 11 16:40:34 PDT 2004

----- Forwarded message from Riana Pfefferkorn <riana at whitties.org> -----

From: Riana Pfefferkorn <riana at whitties.org>
To: seth-trips at zork.net
Subject: Ig Nobel Ceremony, Cambridge, MA, 9/30

The 14th Annual Ig Nobel Prize Ceremony will take place at Harvard on
the evening of Thursday, September 30:

http://www.improb.com/ig/2004/2004-details.html

Tickets are $20-28 (student prices available), and you can get round-trip
airfare for under $300 (based on a quick check of San Jose-Boston prices
on Orbitz).

This year's event includes the world premiere of "The Atkins Diet Opera"
as well as a contest to win a date with a Nobel laureate.

riana

riana pfefferkorn | riana at whitties.org | 650-814-3072

"Think of all the craniums in the world. Where would we look?"

- Prof. Vito Marin, on the mystery of Petrarch's missing skull

----- End forwarded message -----

If you have some way to get around in Massachusetts, you could still
get $200 roundtrip on Southwest with OAK-BDL.  Same OAK-BOS on
JetBlue.  (Wow, I should take another vacation.)

I encourage people who go to the Ig Nobels not to miss my birthday. :-)

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Very frankly, I am opposed to people
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | being programmed by others.