[Seth-Trips] Edward Tufte, Stanford, December 8, Free

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Wed Dec 1 19:28:09 PST 2004

Aaron Swartz writes:

> In addition to bringing his standard (expensive) one-day course to
> Stanford, information design guru Edward Tufte will be giving three
> free lectures, two of which are at Stanford:
>
> Topic: Beautiful Evidence (Tufte's next book)
> When: Sunday, December 5, at 2:00 pm
> Where: The Skeptics Society, Baxter Lecture Hall, CalTech

I'll be in Canada then...

> Topic: Beautiful Evidence
> When:  Wednesday, December 8, at 7:30 pm
> Where: McCaw Hall, Arrillaga Alumni Center, Stanford University
> http://events.stanford.edu/events/40/4089/index.shtml

and, amusingly, I'll be at the PowerPoint competition at Berkeley then.

http://www.berkeley.edu/news/berkeleyan/2004/11/17_powerpoint.shtml

What an amazing thing it is to miss Tufte's speech for a PowerPoint
competition...

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Very frankly, I am opposed to people
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | being programmed by others.