[Seth-Trips] BayFF, 111 Minna, Feb. 22

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Wed Feb 9 22:53:00 PST 2005

[These are new devices that are threatened by expansions of copyright
restrictions; some of them are featured in EFF's "Endangered Gizmos"
site.  Note that this conflicts with the Wired Rave Awards and is also
21+; I have been talking with people about getting it moved from 111
Minna for that reason, and I think we'll be able to avoid having BayFF
events there in the future.]

http://www.eff.org/bayff/

EFF Celebrates Innovation at BayFF!
Check Out the Latest Gadgets and Hang Out with EFF at Our February
BayFF

WHEN
Tuesday, February 22nd, 2005
7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

WHAT
Inventive Gizmos - A Celebration of Innovation

Innovation. We love it.
The upcoming BayFF is a celebration of all the technological wonders
we've been able to enjoy thanks to the legal shield provided by the
1984 Sony Betamax ruling. Come check out cool new gizmos from local
tech companies Elgato, Slim Devices, and Sling Media. EFF attorneys
and tech gurus will talk about how you can help protect the
pro-innovation environment that allows gadgets like these to flourish.

WHO
Electronic Frontier Foundation
Elgato - elgato.com
Slim Devices - slimdevices.com
Slingmedia - slingmedia.com

WHERE
111 Minna Gallery
111 Minna Street
San Francisco, CA
94105
415.974.1719

This event is free and open to the general public. You must be 21+.
Refreshments will be served.

Please RSVP at 415.436.9333.x129 or by email: katina at eff.org.

111 Minna Gallery is accessible via BART. Get off at the Montgomery
station and use the exit marked 2nd and Market. Walk south on 2nd
street for a block and a half, and take a right down the Minna Street
Alley. Minna is between Mission and Howard.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Very frankly, I am opposed to people
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | being programmed by others.