[Seth-Trips] Dance Dance Immolation at Burning Man Decompression, Sunday?

Gregory Sutter gsutter at zer0.org
Tue Oct 4 17:31:22 PDT 2005

On 2005-10-04 17:18 -0700, Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> wrote:

> http://www.burningman.com/blackrockcity_yearround/special_events/decompression/decom2005.html
>
> The decompression party starts at noon on Indiana Street between
> Mariposa and 21st, and costs $20 if, like me, you have no suitable
> Burning Man attire.

What is Burning Man attire anyway, and who is the arbiter of whether
one's clothing "belongs" or not"?  This arbitrary classification has
led me to boycott the decompression in the past, but I'm sure there
are more productive ways of dealing with it.  I can't be the only one
that gets riled about this very un-Burning-Man classification of
citizens into "dress-haves" and "dress-nots".

Gregory S. Sutter                       Nothing is so smiple that
mailto:gsutter at zer0.org                 it can't get screwed up.
http://zer0.org/~gsutter/