[Seth-Trips] Unsilent Night, Dolores Park, Saturday, Dec. 23

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Thu Dec 21 01:24:12 GMT 2006

I think I'm going to be busy that evening, but I keep hearing that this
is a great event.  This year it was recommended by Hugh.

SPECTACLE
Unsilent Night

when:	Sat 12.23 (7pm)
where:	Mission Dolores Park (19th and Dolores St, 707.869.2778) map
price:
links:	Event Info

Somewhere between the Flaming Lips' Boombox Experiments and the
Sing-Along Messiah falls New York composer Phil Kline's annual
participatory concert that utilizes portable media to create a movable,
ambient "carol." Subtly suggestive of the season, the pre-made
recordings Kline distributes to the assembled — wordless choral voices,
chiming bells, and atmospheric electronics — form a soft snow flurry of
sounds that echo along the mile-long route from Dolores Park to the
Castro. For the boombox-impaired Kline has even posted MP3s of the
different audio components on his website for downloading convenience. (MS)

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | This is a new focus for the security
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | community. The actual user of the PC