[Seth-Trips] Mark Ferlatte at BALUG, July 18

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Thu Jul 13 21:51:58 BST 2006

Seth David Schoen:
> Tuesday, July 18, Mark Ferlatte of Linden Lab will talk to BALUG about
> the technolgy beneath Second Life and present techniques for managing
> large quantities of servers with only a few support staff. (Second
> Life is a 3-D virtual world entirely built and owned by its residents,
> population 200,000!) http://www.secondlife.com

I loved Mr. Bad's commentary that when you use Second Life you feel like
a hobo in Vegas: lots of gambling and strip joints but you can't afford
any of it anyway.

--
"These people program the way Victorians dress.              Nick Moffitt
It takes two hours and three assistants to put on           nick at zork.net