[Seth-Trips] Angel Island bike trip

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Sat Jun 24 06:39:47 BST 2006

I'm thinking of going to Angel Island again on Sunday.  Is anyone
interested in coming along?

I might go after Thai Temple Brunch or else go directly in the
morning.  When I last went, it was an amazing trip.

Here is the ferry schedule.  If I go to Thai Temple Brunch, I'd
catch the 2:00 p.m. ferry over and the 4:40 p.m. ferry back (for
a total of two hours on the island).  If I don't go to Thai
Temple Brunch, I'd take the 9:45 a.m. ferry over and probably
either the 12:50 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. ferry back.

http://www.blueandgoldfleet.com/html/angel_island_schedule.html

Angel Island has a five-mile paved bike trail with some of the best
views in the Bay Area.  That trail isn't off-road, but it is somewhat
hilly.  I was able to do it comfortably (walking my bike up just two
hills on the whole course) after a couple of months of regular but
non-strenuous bike riding; I think that anyone who is accustomed to
riding a bike in San Francisco should be able to handle the Angel
Island trail.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | This is a new focus for the security
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | community. The actual user of the PC