[Seth-Trips] Bowoto v. ChevronTexaco benefit at the Marsh: "Tings Dey Happen", December 15

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Thu Nov 16 23:24:12 GMT 2006

----- Forwarded message from Cindy Cohn <cindy at eff.org> -----

From: Cindy Cohn <cindy at eff.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:05:48 -0800
Subject: Nigeria case benefit at the Marsh: "Tings Dey Happen" December 15

As all of you know, for the last 7 years (!) I've been working on a
pair of lawsuits against Chevron for their involvement in some awful
human rights abuses in Nigeria -- murders, torture, the burning down
of villages. Now here's your chance to learn a little more about the
place where 20% of America's oil comes from, support my case and see
an amazing young actor, Dan Hoyle, in action.

At the Marsh, on December 15, Dan is donating a portion of the
proceeds of his new show "Tings Dey Happen" to support my cases,
Bowoto v. Chevron.  We'll use the money to pay for things like plane
tickets bring our over 25 Nigerian clients over to San Francisco to
testify when we go to trial.  Tickets are $30 and a portion of them
can be written off as a charitable donation to Earthrights
International.

How did a show at the Marsh come to support my case, you ask?

Dan won a Fulbright scholarship to go to Nigeria in 2005 and study
the oil industry. I met with him in Lagos. Based on his adventures,
he's put together a one-man show where he samples voices of the Niger
Delta.  I've seen this show in development and  that is at turns
informative, poignant and absolutely hilarious. Think Anna Devere-
Smith -- with characters from oil workers to drug dealers to
villagers to diplomats.

Drop me a note at Cindy at eff.org if you'd like to join us.  I've got
50 tickets to sell, first come, first served: