[Seth-Trips] demo tour of Arion Press, Thursdays, 3p

Aaron Swartz me at aaronsw.com
Mon Feb 19 03:57:57 GMT 2007

Arion Press has "one of the last integrated typefoundry, letterpress
printing, and bookbinding facilities," operated as a living museum in
the Presidio by the Grabhorn Institute. They give one-hour tours every
Thursday at 3:00p and I'm told the place is simply a must-see. "Liquid
lead is beautiful," writes _SF Weekly_. "Bright silver and slippery,
at 800 degrees it moves more quickly than mercury, forming a slight
crust as it cools."

http://www.arionpress.com/events.htm

> Public demonstration tours of the historic printing and bookmaking facilities of Arion Press and the typefoundry of M & H Type are held Thursday afternoons at 3:00 and last approximately one hour. There is a charge of $7.00 per person and reservations are required. The tours are sponsored by the Grabhorn Institute. For reservations call the Grabhorn Institute at (415) 668-2548 or e-mail grabhorn at arionpress.com.

If other people are interested in going, let me know and we'll try to
coordinate a time.