[Seth-Trips] Not Fwd: Frederica von Stade in Three Decembers

Wendy Seltzer wendy at seltzer.com
Mon Dec 8 20:36:26 GMT 2008

I would like to forward to you an email I just received from the SF
Opera announcing a Frederica von Stade performance this week/weekend at
UC Berkeley, but I must refrain, as its footer informs me that "Any
reproduction without the express written permission of San Francisco
Opera is strictly prohibited."

Since I have not secured their express written permission, even for the
copies that procmail innocently made for me, I would not want to imperil
our mailing list hosts by inducing them to reproduce the message further!

I believe, however, that it is plainly not an infringement of copyright
for me to share the URL, <http://sfopera.com/o/272.asp>, and to
encourage you to go hear the (authorized, no doubt) public performance
of Jake Heggie's "Three Decembers," sung by mezzo soprano Frederica von
Stade, on Dec. 11, 12, or 14.  Von Stade is one of my favorite singers,
but sadly, I'm on the opposite coast.

Do let me know if any of you gets there -- or if you're visiting DC,
where I'm now based!

--Wendy

Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.org
phone: +1.914.374.0613
Visiting Professor, American University Washington College of Law
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/seltzer.html
http://www.chillingeffects.org/
https://www.torproject.org/