[Seth-Trips] Iranian Internet panel tonight (Monday) [events at eff.org: BayFF on August 3: Iranian Protests and Digital Media]

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Mon Aug 3 21:01:50 BST 2009

----- Forwarded message from Electronic Frontier Foundation <events at eff.org> -----

Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:00:09 -0500 (CDT)
From: Electronic Frontier Foundation <events at eff.org>
To: schoen at loyalty.org
Subject: BayFF on August 3: Iranian Protests and Digital Media

Dear Seth,

Join EFF at San Francisco's PariSoMa on Monday, August 3, from 7pm -
9pm as we discuss the lessons of Iran and other global protests,
what's happening now, and how to make the digital media we create
serve netizens in authoritarian regimes.
http://www.parisoma.com

Iranians protesting the results of the recent election found an outlet
and a means of organizing with the Internet, and showed that new
digital media can help free speech and fight repression
globally.  But what happens now that the headlines and the Twitter
trends have died down?

Panelists include Cyrus Farivar, journalist author of the forthcoming
"The Internet of Elsewhere", Net activist in the Iranian protests
Austin Heap, and EFF's International Outreach Coordinator, Danny
O'Brien.
http://cyrusfarivar.com/blog
http://blog.austinheap.com

Seating is limited, so please RSVP to events at eff.org. $20 Admission;
no one turned away for lack of funds.  Secure your spot by purchasing
tickets online here: http://secure.eff.org/BayFF .

For more details, see our online calendar:
http://www.eff.org/calendar/2009/08/03/bayff-iran

See you there!

-The Electronic Frontier Foundation

EFF appreciates your support and respects your privacy.
http://www.eff.org/policy

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Qué empresa fácil no pensar en