[Taocow PBEM] The Broken Mirror of the Past - Chapter I - Where Are We?

Kitsune kitsunefx at netzero.com
Mon Nov 1 18:24:40 PST 2004

Aaron Clausen wrote:

>[GM]
>The old man smiles weakly.  "Alex... good to see you." he says, his voice
>almost too weak to be heard.  "I see a light, Alex, a beautiful light.  A
>woman's voice calls to me.  But there is darkness.  It crossed over with
>K'zul... K'zul was part of it...  The lady says it seeks to wage a great
>war... kill many, enslave rest...  Must be stopped..."
>
>St. Pierre gasps, his eyes closing and his breathing becoming weaker.  The
>medic goes to move between Alex and Rod, "This man has to be operated on
>now!"
>
>St. Pierre grabs Alex's arm with surprising strength.  "Seek out the Temple
>of Rath-iren...  And beware, there..."  For a moment St. Pierre stops
>breathing.  Then he takes in a great gulp of air, "There is a traitor, a
>servant of dark things aboard.  More I cannot...  Ah!  Goodbye dear Alex,
>thank you..."
>
>St. Pierre's eyes close, he takes a final raspy breath, and then his hand
>falls away from Alex's arm.  "Goddamn!" the medic cries, pushing past Alex,
>pulling out a small black handheld computer.  After a moment he shakes his
>head.  "I'm sorry, your friend has passed away."
>[/GM]

[Alex]
Alex does not know why but she quickly writes down the name of  'Temple
of Rath-iren' although she does not really know why. Clearly seen in her
eyes are tears. Her hands shake as she goes to touch his face and closes
his eyes slowly. She brushes his hair away away from his forehead and
kisses him on the forehead. Her tears drip down onto him. She sobs, "So
far and so much fighting and we lose him."

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard
even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates
this duty, he establishes a precedent that will
reach to himself."
        Thomas Paine

Kitsune
Email:     kitsune at addr.com or Foxtrot_Xray at Hotmail.com