[Taocow PBEM] Chapter II - Of War and Prophecy

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Mon Nov 29 22:13:49 PST 2004

> [Bongo]
> Bongo makes careful mental notes of all those present at the celebration,'
> and listens intently to the captain's spiel, but gives no outward
> indication of the gears turning inside his head.
>
> When Arden stands up and heads out, Bongo stretches and yawns. "Yep, as
> the pre-Cataclysm philosophers said -- 'it's been a hard day's night.' I
> could do with some rest myself."
> [/Bongo]

[Lady Frost]
Despite her troubles, Lady Frost smiles a little at the reference. "And I
certainly feel like I've been working eight days a week, myself."
[/Lady Frost]

> [Rod Black]
> Rod looks quizically at Arden for his odd behavior, but gets up to follow
> when he leaves.
> [/Rod Black]

> [Bongo]
> Once back in his cabin, Bongo waits until everyone has left except for his
> companions, then uses Astral Projection to get a better look at what's
> going on 'up top.' He informs his companions of what he's going to do so
> nobody will freak if he goes seemingly comatose.
> [/Bongo]

> [Alex]
> Alex also begins heading for her room.  Old habits die hard and she
> probably trusts Bongo the most (Arden seems nice but has not known him
> long enough). She transmit to Bongo, *Hey, this is Alex Hawke. I scanned
> the captain and the officers. There seems to be some concerns.  You want
> to talk?*
> [/Alex]

> [Kyle]
> "Well there is nothing else for it then.  I could use some sleep."
>
> Kyle goes back to his cabin once inside he sets up some noisy but
> non-fatal trigger on the door in case some one decides to pay him a visit
> during the night.  Before he heads of to sleep he strips and cleans his
> weapons and armor, making sure all is well and all weapons are loaded.
> [/Kyle]

[Lady Frost]
Lady Frost walks in, yawning.  "What are you boys on about?" she asks. "You
guys as spooked about this whole thing as I am?"
[/Lady Frost]

> [Osiris]
> Sensing that something is astray with the captain and his officers, Osiris
> keeps his guard up and follows the rest of his companions back to their
> quarters. Once they reach their quarters Osiris says to Kyle and Bongo
> "Gentlemen, if you are not to tired I would like to ask you a few
> questions about my body armor." Making sure that no one is sneaking about
> outside, he closes the door and sits down with the boys to discuss their
> current situation.
> [/Osiris]

> [Kyle]
> "Shoot Osiris, ask away." Kyle replies.
> [/Kyle]

> [Rod]
> When Rod gets back to his cabin, he takes a look through the camera to see
> what photos are there.
> [/Rod]

[Lady Frost]
"Let's let Bongo do his thing." Lady Frost says.  "It worked pretty well
back in Old Chicago.  If we've gotta jump ship, best to do it while we can
avoid trouble."
[/Lady Frost]

[GM]
While the others talk, Rod sets about trying to get the old digital camera
to work.  It's a very old model, probably of pre-Rifts manufacture, and it
looks like it's seen some action.  The old-style USB port has been damaged
by age, and it will take either telemechanics or a bit of old fashioned
repair to get beyond that.

Meanwhile, Bongo begins to meditate and concentrate, and after about nine
minutes, he becomes completely slow, his breathing shallow.  Those with
psychic powers see a white, ghostly form hover briefly over them and then
disappear through the ceiling of the cabin.
[/GM]

[Lady Frost]
"Some day someone will have to explaint that to me." Lady Frost says.  "So
what do you guys make of this ship and her fine crew?"
[/Lady Frost]

Aaron Clausen	mightymartianca at alberni.net

Alternate Mars World Creation Project:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/alternate_mars/