[Taocow PBEM] OOC - Dice Rolls

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Fri Oct 8 15:41:54 PDT 2004

Kitsune wrote:

> Aaron Clausen wrote:
>
>> OOC: If all you guys want to, you're perfectly welcome to make your own
>> rolls.  It would certainly ease up on the roll messages somewhat, though
>> obviously there will be circumstances where I'll have to make rolls.
>>
> ooc: I am sorry, some PBEM I am in have players roll while others
> don't. I had forgotten that generally you do.

Not a problem.  I've been thinking about it for a while.  I think it
brings the playing back to the players, and that's always a good thing.
If someone cheats, then they're just robbing themselves of some fun.
Like I said, I'll still have to do a lot of dice rolling, but there's no
reason that you guys can't do "I rolled 14 to strike against that ugly
ice dragon."

None of you guys seem like the maniac munchkinites that I've played with
in the past, and for the most part I think that's probably a sympton of
youth roleplaying.  For me the spectacular failures are (sometimes) the
most interesting elements.

Anyways, game on!