[Taocow PBEM] Chapter IV: The Emerald Isle

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Thu Apr 28 12:37:44 PDT 2005

[GM]
As Silbren is lead belo- decks, the ship slowly slips into the port of
Dublin. A thick mist obscures the view, but as the ship approaches, the
company and crew can see what is a small port with no more than a half
dozen larger ships. There are two sailing ships, one with a large and
ominous gouge down its port side. There are three freighters, and one
battle ship with the symbols of the New German Republic.

The first glimmer of dawn is in the sky when the ship finally docks. The
orc, Grom, is walking by carrying some rope and Phaeton calls him over.

"Go fetch the Lady Frost." he says. "Be quick about it."

Grom mutters something about being scared, but is clearly just as
intimidated by Phaeton. Phaeton turns to the rest of the company. "I
shall be coming with you," he says, "and so will you, Arden, if I am not
mistaken. The harbor master will want to know your names, where you are
from and where you are going, not to mention performing his duty of
keeping the town safe by cataloguing and impounding dangerous weapons. A
bribe will make all these questions go away."

The ship thuds to a halt. A cry comes from the dock, "Permission to come
aboard?" which is followed by one of the officers shouting "Aye!"

"So," Phaeton says urgently, "do any of you have money? I'd say five or
six hundred credits will do."

Aaron Clausen	mightymartianca at alberni.net