[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VII - Into the Land of Mists <in tower>

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 11:01:47 PST 2005

> > [GM]
> > The stairs finally end at a long, winding tunnel which seems to go even farther
> > down.  As they round a corner, they can see reflected in the stone of the
> > walls a purplish light which seems to be changing constantly in intensity.
> > Whatever is giving off that light also seems to be emitting a low hum, though
> > until someone goes further around the corner, they won't know what it is.
> > [/GM]

> [Talas]
> Talas draws his Particle Beam Pistol and turns himself to MDC.  Then he
> turns to the others and says "Well shall we see if anyone is home?" And with that
> Talas goes around the corner.
> [/Talas]

> [Lady Frost]
> Frost looks back to the others and nods.  "Sure. Maybe we can turn on the AC
> while we're at it."
>
> Following Talas around the corner, she moves casually but mentally prepares
> herself for as many possibilities as she can.
>
> While she doesn't seem to be having any serious problems with the heat, i.e. not
> melting, she clearly isn't fond of it.
> [/Lady Frost]

[Rod]
Rod follows behind, on the ready for anything that might threaten them.
[/Rod]

[GM]
Arden follows Rod, and they all round the corner.  The ceiling of the passageway
suddenly rises, so that it disappears into the murky distances above.
Before them
stands a great stone arch with runes carved into it.  Inside is a
purple haze that
which brightens and fades in rapid succession.  As everyone's eyes adjust
they can see sparks in the light, flittering back and forth like fireflies.

There's a flash and a young boy, looking no more than eight or nine years old,
appears, dressed in a white robe with a dragon sewn across the breast.  When
he speaks it's in a lilting Irish accent.

"I am the Keeper of the Gate.  To pass you must my questions.  If you fail, then
it shall be shut to you 'til the sun has come up and gone down again.
Here is the
first."

"The root tops the trunk
on this backward thing,