[Taocow PBEM] Chapter V: A Stranger And His Knowledge

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Wed Jul 27 12:46:25 PDT 2005

> [Talas]
> "I agree with Lady Amanda. Mr. Grizz should be questioned." Talas looks
> at Amanda and says "Shall we go for a stroll my lady?" Talas get up,
> buts his plate away. Then stops and turns to the boy "Edig, Do you know
> of any um... techno mage's? I would like to see about acquiring the
> services of one."
> [/Talas]

[GM]
Edig shrugs.  "No one around 'ere like that, sir." he replies.  "Once in
a while, one'll come from England way."
[/GM]

> [Kyle]
> When he finishes eating Kyle gets up from the table.  "I think I will go
> for a walk as well."  Kyle puts away most of his equipment, taking
only
> his pistol, and his armour.
> [/Kyle]

> [Amanda Connors]
> At first, she doesn't even register that Talas is speaking to her.
> She instead wonders why nobody shooed the boy away and closed the
> door.  Hadn't they come up here to talk privately?
>
> Then she noticed the elven man looking at her.  "Huh? What, me?  Did
> you just call me 'my lady'?"  Barely stifled giggles can be heard from
> Amanda as she stands and puts the PDA away.  "Sure.  I did say I was
> going to go talk to Griz."
>
> Still amused, she sets her food down and moves to the door.  "I
> haven't heard anyone say that since Jimmy Dillon in the 7th grade.
> Never did go to that dance with him."  Glancing to Bongo she adds;
> "He don't know me vewy well, do he?"
> [/Amanda Connors]

[Bongo]
Bongo laughs.  "Well, you're a pretty damn handy person to have around,
lady or not!"  Bongo gathers up the metal box and the journal and packs
it with the rest of his stuff and follows Kyle and Amanda out the door.
[/Bongo]

[GM]
Edig runs after Kyle, while Phaeton grabs a few more bites of food and
falls in behind Bongo.  Lena looks to Arden.  "Coming, silly?" she asks,
giving him a nudge with her elbow.
[/GM]

> [Kyle]
> Kyle goes for a walk around the town using his military training to
> learn what he can of this area, paying particular attention to
> anything that might have something to do with our current predicament.
> [/Kyle]

[GM]
Kyle's trained eyes dart up and down the road.  It's now a busy morning,
the shops are open, market stalls erected, and everything from potions
to fruit are on sale.  Kyle looks back down the road towards the harbor
and the O'Hare and Sons weapons shop.  He notices that the sign on the door says "Closed".  It appears that their friend Griz has decided to take off early... very early.  It's only about 10 o'clock in the morning!
[/GM]

OOC: I'm going to assume that the rest of you follow Kyle, Amanda and Bongo
out the door.