[Taocow PBEM] Chapter IV: The Emerald Isle

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Mon Jun 13 12:36:56 PDT 2005

> > [GM]
> > The shopkeeper laughs.  "It's not *that* old, miss.  You humans have
> > such a short range perspective."

> Alex shakes her head, "I don't know. I am just a simple wilderness scout
> not a rogue scolar. I don't know much 'bout history. I know a bit about
> the history of Lone Star but not much more." She does not sound
> dismissing of knowledge but aware of what she does not know.

"Well, you made it all the way here." the shopkeeper says.  "You must have
learned something, eh?"
[/GM]

> > [Bongo]
> > "Kyle wants us to meet him outside." Bongo says.  "Something about
> > finding a place to stay."
> > [/Bongo]

> [Alex]
> Alex replies, "Didn't we have another place we were planning to go as > well?"
> [/Alex]

[Bongo]
"Yeah," Bongo replies.  "I wanted to check out some maps."
[/Bongo]

> [Amanda Connors]
[...]
> She moves closer to Alex and begins speaking rather
> quietly knowing Bongo, and apparently the shopkeeper,
> has excellent hearing.  "I haven't had the chance to
> ask you about this, but since I plan to try to spend a
> little time looking like this now and then, I sort of
> need some rather...ah....personal supplies."  She
> glances towards the two not-quite-human men as she
> says this.
>
> "You know...."
>
> "A change of clothes might not be a bad idea
> either..."
> [/Amanda Connors]

> [Alex]
> Alex does not really understand what Amanda is asking. Alex looks just a
> bit confused. She licks her lips slightly and answers, "I still got most
> of my supplies including what I might possible need. My contaceptive
> implant also helps to reduce most feminine problems. One of the good
> things from the CS was that. I don't think the makeup I have would work
> for you, our colorings are too different. Still, some nice cloths would
> be worth some time."

As Alex and Amanda talk, they hear the commotion at the door.  Glancing
back they see an Elf standing in the doorway, and Lena laughing.

The strange Elf replies, "Greetings my lady. That is an interesting
question.  Let me finish with this delivery and I will get back to you."

The Elf walks past the rest of the company, puts the crate down on the
counter and says, "Good day Mr. Griz this crate is from captain
Jeremiah. My you enjoy it."

The shopkeeper laughs.  "Good old Jeremiah.  Strange messenger he gets,
though."

The Elf turns back to Lena.  "Ok now that I'm done in answer to your
question I do not believe that I and your companion have ever met.  But
as for the question of relations."  He turns to Arden and puts out his
and and says, "Greetings I am Talas Leaf-Blade of the Ava-Niel Clan.
Whom might you and the young lady be, friend?"