[Taocow PBEM] Chapter V: A Stranger And His Knowledge

Troy Imlach troy_a_i at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 20 21:45:08 PDT 2005

--- Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at alberni.net> wrote:

> OOC: I'd like to introduce our new player (after
> much delay), Troy, who is
> manning the Elf, Talas.
>
> > > [GM]
> > > "Well, you made it all the way here." the
> shopkeeper says.  "You must have
> > > learned something, eh?"
> > > [/GM]
>
> > [Alex]
> > Alex looks just a tad sad for a moment before
> responding. She states in
> > a small voice, "Well, my Lt never taught any
> fools. I wonder what has
> > happened to Fatalis and Davros?" musing to
> herself.
> > [/Alex]
>
> OOC: For our new player's benefit, Alex is the
> red-haired woman talking to
> the shopkeeper.
>
> [GM]
> "Lost friends." the shopkeeper nods.  "I've had my
> share.  It's our lot in
> life, I'm afraid."
> [/GM]
>
> > > [GM]
> > > The Elf turns to Lena and says "Hello again
> Lena,  friend of Arden Leaf
> > > Stalker."
> > >
> > > Lena giggles.  "Hello there Talas."
> > >
> > > The elf then scans the room.  Then he turns back
> to Arden and in Elvish
> > > says "I am sorry to hear of the loss of your
> clan. But if this eclectic
> > > group that our travel with are true friends then
> perhaps you are on your
> > > way to finding a new clan."
> > >
> > > Then, in American again, he says "Perhaps there
> is something that you
> > > can help me with. I am looking for an ancient
> ruined temple that is
> > >  surrounded by hundreds of columns that are as
> wide and as tall as great
> > > trees. Have you hears of such a place on this
> island? I am hoping to
> > > find a man with red eyes there."
> > >
> > > Phaeton's eyes go wide and his face becomes
> pale.
> > > [/GM]
>
> > [Arden]
> > Arden widens his eyes slightly, then grins what
> could only be called an 'evil'
> > grin. In elvish, he says, "Well, maybe I am on my
> way to finding a new clan.
> > I have known these others for a short time, but I
> trust them. Especially him
> > (pointing to Phaeton)." In American, "I believe I
> know of whom you speak.
> > Phaeton?" Arden nods. "I think he knows, too.
> > [/Arden]
>
> [GM]
> The tattooed man clears his throat.  "Indeed." he
> says.  "But this is not
> the place to speak of it."
> [/GM]
>
> > [Arden]
> > He looks a little distant and his eyes glaze over
> for a moment, then he
> > nods. In elvish he says, "The Temple of
> Rath-Iren... What do you know of
> > it?" For any who don't speak Elvish, you might
> notice the barely hidden
> > sense of wrath at the uttering of the last phrase.
> [...]
[Talas]
I look at Alex and say "My lady I do not know the name
of the temle I am looking for I I think They might."
looking at Arden and Phaeton. "And I agree that this
is not the place to speak of such things."

- when the group leaves and trys to question me again
about why I am looking for this temple and the
red-eyed man. I say "I am a deamon queller and the man
I am looking for is a demon."

- when it is safe to talk I ask the group what they
now of the temple?
[/Talas]