[Taocow PBEM] Chapter IV: The Emerald Isle

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Tue May 10 12:56:00 PDT 2005

> [Amanda Connors]
> "On what grounds? Aside from the fact that I don't care to be your
> play-toy?"
>
> Amanda nodded her head towards the others. "If either of them really
> wants to play patty-cake with you Roger, they're welcome to it.
> However, nobody touches me that way unless I want them to."
>
> There's a cold expression on her face as she finishes. "And the first
> person to lay a hand on me loses it. I have had a _very_ bad week."
> [/Amanda Connors]

> [Arden]
> Raises his eyebrow slightly at the implied nastiness, then glances at
> each of the three intended females in turn, then back at the man. If
> it seems he will force his attentions when they are unwarrented,
> Arden steps forward and gives a very nasty grin.
> [/Arden]

> [Alex]
> Alex gives the harbor master a look like he is some sort of bug but
> otherwise does not say anything to him and states to the others, "I
> think we better get a move on."
> [/Alex]

[Bongo]
"I agree." Bongo says.  "We've given him money, and that's enough."
[/Bongo]

[GM]
The Harbor Master sizes them all up, and whatever his faults, he can
clearly see a tired but battle-ready group.  "I'll take it out of the
moorage." he spits.  "You'd be well advised to make yourselves scarce
from my harbor as fast as you can.  Next time we meet, I'll have my
pound of flesh."  With that he stomps off.

Phaeton looks to the others, "I think we best take his advice.  We don't
want trouble."  With that he heads off the ship and down to the dock
below.
[/GM]

[Bongo]
"Whaddya say we all find a place to hole up for a few hours." Bongo
says.  "I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm exhausted."

Bongo looks to Lady Frost.  "You feeling alright, Frost?" he asks.
[/Bongo]

[GM]
Even as the company disembarks, some shouts can be heard.  In the
glimmer of dawn can be seen a flying creature in the far distance.
Those with advanced optics can make out some skeletal beast with a
black-robed figure atop it.  It circles high above, but is soon gone,
heading inland as fast as the wind.

A young boy seems to materialize out of nowhere and comes running up.
"Welcome, good sirs and ladies." he says, sweeping off a dirty red hat
and bowing.  "Ye look to be newcomers.  Perhaps ye be looking for a wee
bit of breakfast, or perhaps something else.  Name's Edig, and for a few
credits, I'll take you where you want to go!  Fair deal?"