[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VII - Into the Land of Mists

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 13:06:22 PST 2005

> [GM]
> "What's happening?" Phaeton cries out to Osiris and Alex.  As if to answer
> his question, the fog parts to reveal a column of lit torches, perhaps
> some twenty strong, marching up the hill towards the company.

> At a loss for what to do, Alex falls back on her military training, she
> grabs her rifle and hopes that it can deal with whatever is coming.
> [/Alex]

[meanwhile, back in the ruined house...]

> > [Lady Frost]
> > "Um, I know I don't know much about your kinds of magic, but I do know
> > enough to think that if those things were enough to secure the door
> > against whatever trashed this place, I'd bet it's secured against astral
> > projection as well."
>
> > Frost walks back down the stairs and looks around for a place to rest
> > that could be at least made to be comfortable.
> > [/Lady Frost]

> [Talas]
> Talas turns to Lady Frost "Yes M'Lady that may be so. But you might be
> surprised but the number of times a person will go to great expense to bar
> a door. And at the same time ignore the walls around it." Talas then turns
> back to Rob black, "Mr. Black anything?"
> [/Talas]

[Rod Black]
"Nothing that I can tell." Rod replies.
[/Rod Black]

[...]

> [Lady Frost]
> Frost gets to her feet with a rather bewildered expression.
>
> Glancing at Arden and Lena, she moves past them into the room beyond the
> now shattered door.
>
> "Don't know about you two, but I want to know who's got the power to put
> me in la-la land in this form."
> [/Lady Frost]

> [Talas]
> "Aye  M'Lady. But I am more interested in who woke us up."
>
> Talas then follows Lady Frost through the door into the room. Talas scans
> the room for markings or since of its use.
> [/Talas]

[GM]
Lena laughs.  "When you find out, you let me know.  I had a perfectly good
job on a ship until you guys came along."
[/GM]

> [Bongo]
> "I'm with you," Bongo mutters as he shakes his head a bit.  "I know I was
> dog tired, but that just wasn't... natural."
> [/Bongo]

> [Lady Frost]
> "That's an understatement.  Why do you think I changed forms back on the
> ship?  Betcha Frosty never fell asleep at the wheel."
>
> She glances towards Bongo and noted the look he gave her.  "Frosty the
> snowman.  Wears a magic hat.  Really good at sledding."
> [/Lady Frost]

[GM]
Lena looks sideways at Lady Frost.  "Um, is that some song they sing in
Russia?"

Lady Frost and Talas walk through the door, and Talas looks around
carefully.  The room contains no furniture, and there is a thick layer of
dust on the floor.  There is a single window near the mysterious stair well,
but a black curtain covers it.  There is a cold draft coming from the other
stairwell.
[/GM]

[meanwhile back outside...]

[GM] The approaching column of torches stops, and the somewhat indistinct
murmurs can be heard through the fog.  Then there comes the sound of an
approaching horse.  The mists part to reveal a small horse, little bigger
than a pony, and a man-like figure of equally short stature, dressed in
dented armor with a rather medieval-looking helmet, a short sword and
energy rifle slung to his back.  He is holding a white flag in one hand.

The man lifts the visor of helmet, and the blue and red glow of some
interior electronics illuminates his face, a horribly twisted affair with
half the nose missing and replaced by a thick scar.  The eyes are both
cybernetic and his chin looks to have been severely burned.  But it is
fairly obvious for all of that this man is no man at all, but a Dwarf!"

"I am the Herald of the Lord of the K'murd-faka." he says in a thickly
accented voice.  "I demand your immediate surrender."

Aaron Clausen	mightymartianca at gmail.com

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/