[Taocow PBEM] Chapter IX - In The Ruins Of Old Chicago

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 11:16:21 PDT 2006

> > [GM]
> > There's a pause at the other end, and then the speaker, sounding slightly
> > less sure, gets back on.
> >
> > "I'm gonna have to, uh, check on this one." he says, betraying the slightest
> > bit of nervousness.  "We've got nothing from HQ about this.  I'll need you to
> > land, sir.  In the meantime, we'll round up those freeks you must be chasing."
> > [/GM]

> [Kyle]
> "You can check with HQ all you want, but withdraw now.  I won't have you
> blowing my Cover.  Those damn freaks are the reason I am here.  I have
> been working on this for months if you blow this for me I will have you
> permanently based in the magic zone guarding a god damn latrine now get
> your asses out of here NOW."
> [/Kyle]

[GM]
The entire CS squad seems to slow down a little.
[/GM]

> [Angelica]
> Hearing Kyle and the Enforcer, Angelica turns back, figuring Kyle must have
> some plain in mind.
>
> "What now?" She asks when she reaches the rest of the group.
> [Angelica]

> [Talas]
> Upon hearing how Kyle is managing to talk his way out of trouble so far.
> And being fairly serene that Osiris is the old man on the roof. Talas speaks
> into his comm. "Sir Osiris please stand down! Mr. Kyle has things under
> control for now."
>
> Talas does not drop any of his weapons, but he does stop moving, as the
> Enforcer asked. And waits to see what will happen next.
> [/Talas]

[Osiris]
Replying on an encrypted channel, Osiris replies "Negative."
[/Osiris]

[GM]
As Kyle seems to be bartering his way through the situation, he notices
a figure leap off a building beside the Enforcer.  He recognizes it immediately
as Osiris.

The figure sticks several somethings to the Enforcer's shoulder and
then leaps off, disappearing into the rubble below.

> "I am not just standing here. The Coalition cannot be dealt with
> reasonably," Ted lowers Arden to the ground and drawing his rifle,
> "I will cover Kyle and Osiris, the rest of you take your friend and
> get to the vehicles."
>
> Ted looks for a good position to do some sniping, as well as cover
> the old cyber-knight, and then heads to it.
> [/Ted]

> [Lady Frost]
> "I don't have anything to drop Chuckles.  Hang on a sec."
>
> Reaching down, Frost rips up a large hunk of the remaining pavement
> and holds it above her, but at an angle that will help deflect shots
> from the large robot.
>
> "Now I have something to drop."
>
> Why did the bad guys always think oversized robots and large guns
> would win for them?   Must be a guy thing.  They love their tech toys
> after all.
>
> Either that or they were compensating......
> [/Lady Frost]

> [Angelica]
> "Sorry jackass, the broken glass don't come out! "
> [/Angelica]

> [Talas]
> "Oh for Kales Sake!" Talas mutters. "Mr. Kyle had things under control.
> Do we really need to fight every thing we come across?"  And with that
> Talas starts into a dead run to close with the Enforcer, in order to fight it
> hand to hand.
> [/Talas]

[GM]
The party now splits up, with Talas running forward as Angelica runs back.
Rod is already well on his way down the road towards the park that
Lady Frost suggested, carrying Phaeton with him.

The Enforcer turns towards the building that Osiris lept off, clearly aware that
something has been done.  The pilot shouts "Ignore that SAMAS, kill all
those sons-of..."

The shout is cut short by a rather spectacular explosion.  When the smoke
clears, the Enforcer's head, its left arm, shoulder and a sizable chunk piece
of its torso are missing.

The other forces, including the Sky Cycles open fire, not aiming, but
just shooting
forward.  Buildings, already weakened by centuries of weathering and uncounted
battles among them, begin to crack and collapse.  It's absolute pandomonium.

As Bongo begins moving away, he suddenly hears a horrible cry next to him.  He
turns and looks, and sees beautiful young Lena cut almost in two by a burst from
a Skycycle up above.
[/GM]

OOC: I'm going to wait to see if you guys decide to fight or run, lest I get us
all involved in a big combat for no reason.

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/